Oox- Dietary management of kidney stones and gout
Dietary advice for gout, or kidney stones is often conflicting, inaccurate or even completely outdated. Therefore we evaluated hundreds of scientific sources to put together the latest information available for these topics. The app provides you with sufficient information to make informed choices for healthier eating. You can use the app for free with a limited functionality. It doesn't require a registration and is free of ads. The app covers the following topics:
You can find the following topics in the app:Diet and gout
Usually, the method of choice is a dietary restriction of the purine intake. However, it is frequently overlooked that not all purines are equally problematic and that several other dietary factors play an important role.
Prevention of kidney stones
Without proper instruction a low oxalate diet is very complicated to follow. However, most guidelines do not consider the bioavailability of oxalates. Besides, oxalates are only one factor that contributes to the formation of kidney stones. A too one-sided focus on oxalates only carries the risk of malnutrition!
Included in the free version:
- Profiles for low purine diet, and low oxalate diet with color-coded ratings
- Access to all entries of the database
- Create shopping lists
- Access to detailed articles in the info section
Features in the Pro version:
- Unlocks all relevant information about gout, or kidney stones respectively
- Gives access to 43 nutritional values, including vitamins, minerals, micronutrients, fatty acids, glycemic index, and glycemic load
- Sorting by nutritional values
- Set up of advanced filter criteria
- Personalization of the app with additional dietary profiles
- Useful extra functions for vegetarians
Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.